Let's talk English!

Jordanintheforum

Jordanintheforum

Siccome è l'area Off Topic ho pensato, perché non iniziare a fare post in cui si parla in lingua?? Siccome io parlo inglese e spagnolo apro ora quello di inglese, e dopo quello di spagnolo, ma forza aprite anche voi un topic in cui si parla la lingua che più vi piace =D

Hi folks!! It's Jordan here..let's talk english!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jordanintheforum

• Altair

• Sneg84

• Aquarivs

I like English too:)

I'm really keen on English accents! The accent I like the most, is probably the Irish one(even if Scottish rocks too:P)

Purtroppo per voi insegno inglese privatamente e sono un grammar nazi piuttosto rompiballe! :rtfm:

Non fate i cattivi altrimenti vi metto in punizione ;)

Jordanintheforum

@@Altair

Cough cough!! English please u_u

Edited by radioresa
Citazione intero post precedente

At this time my english is too "scholastic", nothing to compare with the real spoken language.

Because of that, it would be nice to stay in an english-speaking country for a wide period of time.

Unluckily it's not so easy... :D

Well... maybe now it is! :P

*scusate il momentaneo italiano*

ma da quello che mi hanno insegnato di grammatica inglese entrambe le forme sono esatte si può infatti scrivere:

1) to + forma base

2) for + forma in -ing

per esprimere una finale!

a meno che ''pass'' non sia uno di quei verbi senza la forma in -ing . . . allora sì sono un cretino ._.

Mi stai facendo venire un dubbio atroce, @@bradipo -.-'

Io so che prima di un verbo (in qualunque forma esso sia) va sempre messo il to e non il for!

Sto cercando su internet la regola in questione per esserne sicuro, ma non la trovo! :(

To is used to express purpose.

For is used to express function (of instruments, tools, devices etc...)

---------

To è usato per esprimere lo scopo.

For è usato per esprimere una funzione (di uno strumento, un utensile, un dispositivo etc...)

Example.

Can I use this glass to put there primroses in? (purpose)

What's this instrument used for?

For measuring blood pressure. (function)

Love this topic xD!!!

Paolo, il 20 marzo 2012 - 14:19 , ha scritto:

She probably intended what Altair said, but didn't explained it very well!

or maybe it's 'cause I'm really an idiot

Or it might be that she did not explain that at all :roll2:

However....what should we talk about? I mean...it is ok to write in English, but...the topic? Or should we just randomly write bullocks???? :afro:

Jordanintheforum

Yup, you can say "It's good for ***ing"..sometime is better to use "to +verb" other times the other form.. the rule?? i actually don't know it lol

It is just how Altair said it! You oughta use for + ing form for functions, while to + infinite form when you wanna express a purpose, an aim.... And if you wanna be correct... you should not use oughta or wanna lol

Jordanintheforum

However....what should we talk about? I mean...it is ok to write in English, but...the topic? Or should we just randomly write bullocks???? :afro:

You right...oh well...we can talk about the Anglo-Saxon countries =) Which one you guys prefer?? My favorite is USA, right followed by CANADA...or USA and CANADA are on the place in my heart, i dunno hahaha and of course I prefer north-american english to british or other countries english... what 'bout you??

I find the American English way easier than the British one. But no way that I am gonna prefer the American accent lol!!! British is so much better! The Canadian accent is something in between...and I do like it :D

In terms of English-speaking countries... On the one hand, I am deeply in love with Canada... I went to Vancouver - the pearl of the Pacific - and Toronto... two of the best places I have ever been in! On the other hand, I am incredibly attached to England :love:

My favorite is USA, right followed by CANADA

Have you ever been in North America? Or is it just a 'feeling'?

You

If the "you" means me... Cheers, mate xD!!!

Since we're talking about the infinitive of purpose, there's another rule you should take note of:

after verbs like go, come, run, hurry up, stay, stop the infinitive of purpose is sobstituted with and.

It usually expresses a command.

Example:

Come and sit on the sofa. (command)

There's no bread. I'll go and get some. (purpose)

Jordanintheforum

Have you ever been in North America? Or is it just a 'feeling'?

If the "you" means me... Cheers, mate xD!!!

Cheers to you dude =D hahaha anyways, i've been both in Canada and USA, I loved them both but i don't know why but I prefer U.S.A. but, it's just a personal thing.. I always loved north america and I had the confirmation when i went there lol

There's no bread. I'll go and get some. (purpose)

Thank you for explaining this but (I'm ignorant in grammar lol), but I am 100% sure that you can say "I'll go get..." My friend used to say to me all the time "let's go get".. or "Jordan, go get..." etc... :)