Does anyone speak english?

Vikki85

Hello, ladies.

I live in Trieste and I am learning Italian language. Io capisco ma parlo non bene.. 

Please, let me know if you are willing to talk in English or you don't mind my broken Italian - for now :) 

Have a nice day,

Vikki. 

Hi there! Don't u worry your speaking skills will improve by the time...anyway, you should know that italians do not care that much about the way you talk our language usually we appreciate every kind of efforts and we always try to understand and help! So, your broken italian is welcome but I think on the forum many we'll be ready to talk with you both in italian and english!

Have a nice day

Hello. Did you already try language learning websites? They were effective with me, when learning Spanish. There you can also find mates to practice. Studying song lyrics, and singing them, is also very useful to improve speaking capabilities. Ciao.

Hi vikki, welcome aboard, i hope you'll be fine here!

Ok, i'm curious, are you an european citizen or you're from over the border? do you like italy and trieste?

finally, please forgive my english and...
welcome again

Hi there, Vikki! Don't worry about your Italian, it's way more awlful the mere fact that there are Italians who speak it in a shitty way. Mistakes made by foreigners can definitely be forgiven.

Hello, ladies.

I live in Trieste and I am learning Italian language. Io capisco ma parlo non bene.. 

Please, let me know if you are willing to talk in English or you don't mind my broken Italian - for now :) 

Have a nice day,

Vikki.

I'd say I speak English way better than Italian :asd:

Well, if you don't speak Italian, I guess Trieste has been good choice. The city can be regarded as the Italian "melting pot" and you'd easily survive by speaking English.

As to your request, I suggest that you start taking online classes, at least! Moreover, the wider your vocabulary, the easier speaking becomes, even with a poor grammar understanding.

Why don't you try with duolingo.com? :D

Good luck on your study! ;)

I'd say I speak English way better than Italian

I'd say I spoke English way better than Italian.

The past tense after "say" makes the entire sentence sound more natural.

Hi! Unfortunately my english is not that amazing. I had an english teacher at school, and she was completely fucked up, seriously!

She thought she was Elizabeth Taylor, not kidding. I think that learning italian for an english speaker is even more difficult, so good luck! But if you want to talk, trying to improve your italian and being disappointed by my grammar mistakes, well, I'm here!

Too bad I've read this topic only now. I live in Trieste, but I am also studying abroad and I will leave on Saturday. :/

You shouldn't have any problems finding people to talk to... Try to get in contact with students from the School for Interpreters, near Piazza Vittorio Veneto. It should be the best in Italy, so I would think everybody is well versed in foreing languages there :)

Enjoy your stay and get ready for the strong winds of winter (Suggestion: wind + heavy rain= your umberella is useless... Just buy an anorak ;) )

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
NorwegianWood

Hello! Welcome aboard.

Feel free to speak in English. Trieste is a marvellous and cosmopolitan city. You can improve and hone your Italian there, for sure.

Catch you later!

Seems that the topic starter Wikki85 disappeared...

If you are here again, tell we anything about you; for now I know only that you are staying in Trieste and your native language is probably English...

Feel you to be free, don't worry about mistakes you make in iItalian as I don't worry about my English mistakes too...